Search This Blog

Thursday, 9 June 2011

Importance of a Trainer

I had a great meeting with my trainers Asha and Rob Bilisle yesterday followed by a back and bicep workout at World Health Club in Edmonton supervised by IFBB pro Rob Bilisle. The meeting was great talked about the plan for the next 17 weeks leading up to CBBF Nationals all the changes to diet and training will start shortly as I work my way down to around 190lbs. As I drove home last night I had a chance to think about the value of having a trainer, I never thought I would say that!! Have to admit I thought I could do it myself even though I was told otherwise by a  friend some time ago. In January this year I made the decision to work with Rob and Asha and have no regrets, I have made gains in a short time that would not have been possible without their guidance. the information and assistance they have provided has been very benifical and yesterday after my workout I realized just how important a trainer is! I have been training for many years and have always tried to ensure I maintained proper form at the cost of lifting big weight ( well almost always lol ) yesterday was a wake up call as Rob pointed out a few small things that made a huge difference. " check your ego at the door" is a good saying, it isn't about how much you lift its how you lift it and how hard you work! another applicable quote " power lifters make a heavy weight light, bodybuilders make a lightweight heavy"



Still Lots of work to do!


I just want to stress to everyone no matter what your goals be it training for a national bodybuilding competition, conditioning for sport, or simply weight loss to stay fit,, please consult a qualified trainer,, the guidance you will obtain in terms of diet and training is priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment